These 5 FRIGHTENING Ingredients Could Lead to Serious Health Concerns
Here in the US, the FDA has banned approximately 10 chemicals in cosmetics. That’s good right? Well compare this to the European Union, which so far has banned over 1,100 chemicals and suddenly it really doesn’t seem that impressive.
Substances you place on to your skin are absorbed up to 10 times faster than things you eat. And, because your skin absorbs over half of what you put on to it, these chemicals can quickly end up in your body’s system.
Many of these chemicals have been proven by scientists to be skin irritants, disrupt hormones, or even increase your chances of getting cancer.
- Parabens – used regularly as preservatives, parabens are easily absorbed by the skin and have been identified in biopsy samples from breast tumors and are associated with an increased risk of breast cancer.
- Synthetic Fragrance (also known as Parfum) – often seen on ingredients lists using only the name ‘fragrance’ or ‘Parfum’, however they could contain a concerning mix of many nasty chemicals hazardous to your health. Because manufacturers are not required to detail the individual ingredients, you will never know exactly what makes up a ‘fragrance’. The mixture of chemicals in fragrance can trigger allergies and asthma, with some linked to cancer and neurotoxicity. Worse of all, only 25% of components making up fragrance have been safety tested, so you have no idea of the long-term effects
- Petroleum By-Products – these create a film on the skin, blocking the evaporation of moisture and reducing your skin’s ability to release toxins, slowing down skin function and resulting in premature aging. They are also likely to be contaminated with cancer-causing agents.
- Propylene Glycol (PG) and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG) – made from the same chemical used to create antifreeze, they form free radicals, penetrate the skin, weaken the protein and cellular structure and damage the skin. PG is considered extremely toxic, so-much-so that people working with it are required to wear protective equipment. PG and PEG penetrate the skin easily and both can affect the brain, liver and kidneys.
- Phthalates – known to cause damage to the kidneys, liver, lungs and the reproductive system, they are also suspected of causing cancer and birth defects
Unfortunately, the US cosmetics industry runs with almost no regulations, meaning cosmetic companies can choose to include any of these chemicals in skincare products, which can damage your health
Yes, you just read it right:
Cosmetic companies can CHOOSE to include any of these chemicals in your skincare products, which can damage your health
And these are only a very small selection of the many, many chemicals abundant in skin care products in the US.
In fact, US researchers have reported that 1 in 8 of approximately 82,000 ingredients used in cosmetics are industrial chemicals. That’s 10,500 industrial chemicals used as cosmetic ingredients.
These include plasticizers (chemicals that keep concrete soft), degreasers (used to remove grime from auto parts) and surfactants (reduce surface tension in water, for example in paint and inks).
You may be applying many of these to your skin every single day.
Even if you were to check the labels on the skin care products you are using, there is a very good chance you would not recognize half of the ingredients, let alone be able to pronounce them. In short, we’re being kept in the dark about what we put on to our skin…
So how can you avoid these ingredients and the long-term health damage they cause?
The only way you can guarantee your skin care products don’t contain chemicals is by using products containing CERTIFIED ORGANIC ingredients.
Why are Certified Organic Ingredients important?
Many skin care products claim to be “natural” or “organic”, but this can be misleading to consumers – there is no regulation of the term natural and even a synthetic product can claim it is natural on the label.
Next time you are in the local pharmacy, check out some well known ‘natural’ brands’ list of ingredients and you may be surprised, if not shocked about what you read…
The good news is, you can guarantee the product you are using actually contains organic ingredients if it is Certified Organic by an organization such as the USDA.
One line of Organic, chemical-free, rejuvenating skin care is by Organity.
Organity makes a USDA Certified Organic moisturizer, which only contains organic ingredients.
Being Certified Organic by the USDA means Organity can guarantee customers it uses organic ingredients (and prove it by using the USDA Organic Label).
By using USDA Certified Organic Ingredients, Organity guarantees there are no:
- GMO ingredients
- Synthetic Fragrance
- Propylene Glycol (PG) and Polyethylene Glycol (PEG)
Instead, Organity moisturizer contains super hydrating and anti-aging, all natural ingredients, clinically proven to improve elasticity, while naturally reducing fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. All without using nasty chemicals and exposing you to serious health concerns!
If you want to avoid putting your body at risk from harmful, toxic ingredients, then click below to see how Organity could help you benefit from the very best rejuvenating, healing and skin-improving ingredients nature has to offer.
This Video is About Organity, My Favorite Organic Skin Care Product!
© Organity LLC. All Rights Reserved *This page is an advertisement for Organity.